Indoor Air Quality
- Residential Construction
Problems with Leaks
Leakers aren’t supposed to develop in the duct system, but they do, as wear and tear take their toll. Bolts and fittings can come loose, creating breaches between pieces of ductwork, and damage from any number of sources could open up holes in the ducts.
That’s a problem because it pulls conditioned air out of the system or unconditioned air in. The mixed air that arrives takes longer to heat or cool than it should, which raises both the cost of running the system from month to month and the possibility of a breakdown elsewhere in the system. That’s why you need Boise’s best duct testing and sealing services to ensure that those leaks and breaches are promptly repaired!
How to Spot Problems
The trouble with duct leaks is that it can be hard to spot them, since they’re located behind the walls or in similar out–of–the–way locations. You can learn to look for the subtle signs of something wrong, which can include the following:
- Cold spots or warms spots in the floor or walls, where the air is leaking out of the breach.
- Strange sounds like humming or whistling noises coming from the spot of the breach. These sounds will likely start and stop with the starting and stopping of the system.
- Air that’s warmer or cooler than it should be coming out of the ducts.
- Reduced air flow coming out of the ducts.
- Unexpected spikes in your monthly heating or air conditioning bills.
Trust Our Testing Services
The best way to spot any leaks in your system is to schedule a duct testing services form the pros at Ultimate Heating & Air, Inc. We use it to pinpoint the exact spot of any trouble, and can determine if the problem is likely to occur again in the future. With that in mind, we can then seal any breaches or leaks, restoring the efficiency of your system and ensuring that you don’t waste any of your heating and cooling dollars to lost air.
Testing and sealing go hand–in–hand, and you want to be able to trust the right service with both of them. We serve homes and businesses throughout the Boise area, so don’t hesitate to call us today!